Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Trip #7: Miami - SOUTH BEACH

February 29th, 2007

I slapped on some sunscreen & lounged on the beach all morning. Amazing. We spent the morning doing just that. Those who know me know that I LOVE to nap...and I have to say this was the best place to nap by far! With the sun radiating on my face, it was wonderful!

Apparently I'm afraid of water...(probably cause I can't swim so well) yep, so I didn't venture too far.Here is a "Halle Berry out of the water" pose - yah right! I think you can see my fear of the water in this pic. Afterwards we changed, and caught a city bus from our hotel to South Beach (the tourist - southmost point of the island). There were clubbing fashion stores everywhere, Miami is sooo different! We made our way to the beach area - the beach is lined with condos & hotels with cafes and restaurants that open onto the streets. Historical sites included: the mansion where Versace was gunned down..

Oh & we spotted MIAMI INK!!!!-
It's a tattoo parlour famous for it's reality show on TLC...Here's a pic of me infront of the parlour! I LOVE that show even though I have no tattoos haha...I think i received a few bad looks from the people in line. yep.


South Beach is one of the hot spots on the island. I took a break there, picked a spot in the sand and just enjoyed the scenery...That is until we noticed "Hey, there are an awful LOT of guys on this beach..." & "Weird - are speedos a fad right now? Cause ALOT of people are wearing them" Then we look up there were two men spooning & making out directly across from us. Somehow we managed to pick the gay area of the beach for a break. haha. Grrreeeaaaat.





This quickly motivated us to start wandering again, we found a market area & had a spectacular dinner out in the patio at an Italian restaurant, (Jess enjoyed the "service" haha - see pic) & they had a live Italian band playing too :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moonstruck Chocolate

Unknown said...

Hey Jen, I am bored at work and I realized I haven't checked you blog in a long time. Your trips sounds like so much fun! Do you have any other trips coming up for the summer?

Anonymous said...

Good words.