Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Atlas Specialty....Kabobs!

A colleague recently invited me for lunch at Atlas Specialty Persian Cuisine. It is a small restaurant that also seconds as a grocery. Heading into downtown from the west - it can easily be spotted on 1000 9th Ave SW. Extremely popular amongst the office tower staff in the area! We each started with Persian tea - which is strong, amber in colour, fragrant, served in a glass cup and is kindly topped up throughout the meal. I trusted my colleague (with Iranian roots) to rec recommend a favourite - Kabob Sultani (19.50). This included two large kabobs - one of ground beef and the other strip loin laid atop a heap of sunny yellow basmati rice and grilled onions.
Simple and wholesome - nothing spicy here, the onions, garlic and salt bring out the kabob flavours. I personally, could only get through half of my meal, but it made for fantastic left overs (though did leave me craving water all day). For the next visit I will have to make time for baklava!

No comments: